The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

They said vaccines will "Stop The Spread"

Started by Bricktop, December 16, 2021, 05:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

"CAN YOU PLEASE GET VACCINATED AND STOP The Spread ! Stats show 99% of COVID deaths are now of unvaccinated people."

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/get-covid-19-vaccine-stop-spread-its-only-way-arnold-benson">//https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/get-covid-19-vaccine-stop-spread-its-only-way-arnold-benson

But it doesn't.

"NSW's COVID-19 cases are rising at the steepest rate this year with every infected person on average passing the virus onto two other people."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-17/nsw-covid-19-effective-reproductive-rate-above-two/100705404">//https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-17/nsw-covid-19-effective-reproductive-rate-above-two/100705404

The belief that getting vaccinated will stop transmissions is falacious. It doesn't prevent transmissions. Take the hysterical headline above. Vaccinations stop the spread. 99% of deaths are the unvaccinated. It's an emotive and compelling headline...but it compares DEATH rate to TRANSMISSION rate. Two entirely different things.

Yet governments have knowingly and willingly wrapped the two issues together in order to push the myth that vaccines will magically make this plague disappear. The reality is that the vaccine mitigates symptoms. Period. If you are not in the high risk group, as I am, then the vaccine will do nothing.

Zip. Nada. Niente. Rien.

Forced vaccinations are a fraud.

Anonymous

cc and I have both posted dats showing that the unvaccinated are more likely to get infected.

Bricktop

And I have responded by claiming that the data used to draw that conclusion cannot be relied upon.

I must emphasise that I am not anti-vaxx. I am anti enforced vaccinations and divisive vaccine passports. Thus the fact that the spread continues despite the vaccination rate suggests the logic behind these draconian measures is flawed.

I am vaxxed.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=431089 time=1639699963 user_id=1560
And I have responded by claiming that the data used to draw that conclusion cannot be relied upon.

I must emphasise that I am not anti-vaxx. I am anti enforced vaccinations and divisive vaccine passports. Thus the fact that the spread continues despite the vaccination rate suggests the logic behind these draconian measures is flawed.

I am vaxxed.

But, as cc responded unreported cases could be true for unvaccinated and vaccinated alike.

Anonymous

Vaccines aint stopping Omicron from spreading.

cc

Could be, but we don't know the ratio of who is getting hit yet .. and how hard
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

But we DO know that vaccinated people are transmitting the virus.

That is the key point of this thread. Not the efficacy of the vaccine. I do not dispute it is highly beneficial.

But where I draw a line is the tyrannical way western governments are trampling over our rights in a free and democratic society without the authority of a plebiscite.

Zetsu

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=431072 time=1639692071 user_id=1560
"CAN YOU PLEASE GET VACCINATED AND STOP The Spread ! Stats show 99% of COVID deaths are now of unvaccinated people."

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/get-covid-19-vaccine-stop-spread-its-only-way-arnold-benson">//https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/get-covid-19-vaccine-stop-spread-its-only-way-arnold-benson

But it doesn't.

"NSW's COVID-19 cases are rising at the steepest rate this year with every infected person on average passing the virus onto two other people."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-17/nsw-covid-19-effective-reproductive-rate-above-two/100705404">//https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-17/nsw-covid-19-effective-reproductive-rate-above-two/100705404

The belief that getting vaccinated will stop transmissions is falacious. It doesn't prevent transmissions. Take the hysterical headline above. Vaccinations stop the spread. 99% of deaths are the unvaccinated. It's an emotive and compelling headline...but it compares DEATH rate to TRANSMISSION rate. Two entirely different things.

Yet governments have knowingly and willingly wrapped the two issues together in order to push the myth that vaccines will magically make this plague disappear. The reality is that the vaccine mitigates symptoms. Period. If you are not in the high risk group, as I am, then the vaccine will do nothing.

Zip. Nada. Niente. Rien.

Forced vaccinations are a fraud.

Getting vaxxed doesn't stop the spreading, but it can cut the spread of the original COVID-19 by 50% as experts claim.  Getting vaxxed also greatly reduce a lot people having to take up ICU.  As long as a fair portion of the population never gets vaxxed, new strains will just keep on popping in.  And most important is to keep wearing mask, sanitize everything and keep on social distancing, I can't say how important mask and sanitization is, since Hong Kong, the city with by far the highest population density in the world, ironically have zero cases internally for many months already.  If Western nations can't manage to enforce mask law, it's important to take the vaccine.
Permanently off his rocker

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=431107 time=1639701528 user_id=1560

That is the key point of this thread. Not the efficacy of the vaccine. I do not dispute it is highly beneficial.

No one with any authority or brains said they stop anything ... Certainly no one here has.  ... decrease, yes  .. "stop" no"

Yet you go on thread after thread .. Like when is enough with this distortion obsession ?

Zetsu

The problem is new variants are easier to spread and harder to detect, which is mainly due to people not willing to take the vaccine.
Permanently off his rocker

cc

But where I draw a line is the tyrannical way western governments are trampling over our rights in a free and democratic society without the authority of a plebiscite.

We get that. Once or twice was enough

They should have shut things down a few days ago - With the rise this week, we are screwed royally

Taking "forever to do" plebiscites my ass ... we need faster action  ... control has already been lost on this new thingy by lack of gutsy action as proven by the number rise in the last 5 days. As of this moment, we are really in deep cucka

Today's numbers here, the US, Germany, UK etc. etc. etc. are astronomical ffs  ... and of course still climbing rapidly

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=431109 time=1639701770 user_id=88

No one with any authority or brains said they stop anything ... Certainly no one here has.  ... decrease, yes  .. "stop" no"

Yet you go on thread after thread .. Like when is enough with this distortion obsession ?

Learn to read. Check the OP. What does it say?

Distortion? Do you support mandatory vaccines and domestic health passports? Why not make a case for these issues, rather than derail with an imagined "anti-vax" straw man argument.

You're getting a tad beligerent. I'm opening up a discussion on government overreach based on mistruths.

Address the damn topic or go fight with Freud about the vaccine. ac_beating

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=431113 time=1639702162 user_id=88

They should have shut things down a few days ago - With the rise this week, we are screwed royally

Taking "forever to do" plebiscites my ass ... we need faster action  ... control has already been lost on this new thingy by lack of gutsy action as proven by the number rise in the last 5 days. As of this moment, we are really in deep cucka

Today's numbers here, the US, Germany, UK etc. etc. etc. are astronomical ffs  ... and of course still climbing rapidly

What about hospitaizations and ICU?

Bricktop

Oh, and here's my sexist view.

Women seem a lot more frightened and concerned about this virus than men. Much of the fear and hysteria has a female characteristic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=431125 time=1639703807 user_id=56

What about hospitaizations and ICU?

We haven't seen much of an increase yet in Alberta, but it's coming..

It's already happening in other procvinces.